S & R Optic was founded by Dr. Wolfgang Schneider in 2009. We are an independent, privately held company, located north of Frankfurt, Germany. Our team can look back on many years of management and production experience in the most reputable companies in the crystal optics industry.
S & R has quickly established itself as a leader in optical waveplates / components from its advanced technology and quality control.
Our strength is the realization of challenging demands of crystal-optical components and units in small and large volume batches.
Mica Waveplates - Zero Order (Bare, Broadband, Laser-Lines / VIS-NIR), for low power= cemented- and higher power= bare- applications. Quartz Waveplates (VUV-NIR), Polarizers, Polarizing Filters, Compensator Plates & Wedges, Optical Strain Viewing, Optical Flats, Glass- and Crystal Materials.
Our large stock of components and materials enable flexible support for customers wishes and needs.
Standard- and customized Crystal Optics and units for VUV-NIR.
Phase Retardation without Problems with True Zero Order Waveplates.
Coated Bare Mica Waveplate
Both sides coated Bare / Uncemented Mica Waveplate for Diode Laser application.
Quartz Waveplates & Components
Quartz Waveplates VUV-NIR,
Compensator Plates & Wedges,
Optical Strain Viewing
Sheet Polarizers, bare or cemented between cover plates,
Spectral Range: 400nm - 800nm,
Standard and customs products,
Demonstration and Microscope Quality,
You need to control the state of polarization of your light beam? You need to change the direction of polarization of your beam? Or you need to change from linear polarization to circular polarization or vice versa? Or you need to create any other specific state of polarization? If you have to perform any -or any combination- of these tasks, then you will have to use (apart of polarizers) retardation plates.
- True zero order plates are the best choice under technical considerations.
- Quasi Zero order plates behave well regarding wavelength and temperature effects, but behave even worse than multiple order plates otherwise under variations of beam direction.
- Multiple order plates are only useful when all optical parameters and well controlled.
- Cemented Polymer retarders are a good choice technically, but are usually very expensive.
- Mica retarders are generally the preferred choice from a technical point of view, and typically they are more easily available and come at lower price.
S & R Optic GmbH
Phone: +49 641 9607618
Fax: +49 641 9607943
Get in contact with German companies in 3 easy steps! With one single question you can reach all relevant German Pavilion exhibitors of your selected industrial branch.
Click here if you notice an image that violates copyright or privacy rights.